Because consumption Honey Allergy Effects in Infants Under 1 year

Honey has many benefits. Since centuries ago, many people rely on the strength of pure honey for the treatment and beauty treatments. However, behind his usefulness, pure honey holds the potential bad for the body. As quoted from page Live Strong, pure honey has the potential to trigger an allergic reaction or food poisoning, such as abdominal cramps, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and fever.

Pure honey does not go through pasteurization stage so that spores and pollen potential to grow in it. As we know, honey is a sweet substance produced by bees thick, one kind of insect-eating flower nectar and pollen.

Chris Wagner of Dallas childrenâ € ™ s Medical Center, recounted his experience treating patients with pure honey poisoning. Worst Allergy potentially arise is shortness of breath, low blood pressure, dizziness, fainting, to heart failure. “Because you can not control how much pollen in pure honey you eat,” he said.

Children under one year of age is also not recommended to consume honey, especially raw honey, because the effects can be more serious allergies.

National Institutes of Health recommends taking the honey that has been pasteurized to prevent adverse effects. Children under one year of age is also not recommended to consume honey, especially raw honey, because the effects can be more serious allergies.

According to a warning from the Food Standards Agency (FSA), honey contains botulism spores that can cause serious illness and even can lead to paralysis. Children under one year of age do not have the ability to fight it. Baby’s digestive system is not perfect would be very susceptible to botulism. Clostridium Botulinum spores in the intestines and produce toxins. Babies with botulism will experience constipation, muscle weakness from the face and head, the baby will cry weak, unable to suck and lost expression on his face. Most also have trouble breathing.

Botulism is a condition in which the body poisoning toxins produced by the bacterium Clostridium Botulinum. These bacteria produce toxins that are very strong and can cause damage to nerves and muscles. Unfortunately, honey can contain spores of bacteria. So the medics do not recommend to be given to infants under one year.